US rock group Alabama Shakes have topped the first ever Official Record Store Chart. Their album, Boys And Girls, beat competition from Adele, Trembling Bells and Graham Coxon to take the top spot. The chart, which reflects sales at the UK’s independent record shops, has been launched to coincide with International Record Store Day on Saturday. DJ Steve Lamacq announced the top 10 on BBC 6 Music. Seven of the records were released on independent labels. By contrast, only one album in the mainstream top 10 is not on a major label – and that is Alabama Shakes’ Boys And Girls. Led by singer and guitarist Britanny Howard, the four-piece are signed to London-based Rough Trade Records. Label boss Geoff Travis said the number one made him “very proud”. “Alabama Shakes deserve every accolade and success that may come their way. They do it right.” RECORD STORE CHART 1) Alabama Shakes – Boys and Girls 2) Adele – 21 3) Trembling Bells – The Marble Downs 4) Graham Coxon – A&E 5) M Ward – A Wasteland Companion 6) Lana Del Rey – Born To Die 7) Sun – Death 8) Black Keys – El Camino 9) Dr John – Locked Down 10) Shins – Port Of Morrow Appropriately, given the nature of the chart, Rough Trade Records started as an off-shoot of the Rough Trade record store in...Read More
Tag: Record Store Chart
I NEED To KNOW
NO SECOND THOUGHTS
PlayLists On Soundcloud March 2017
A TRUE STAR
- Festival: Star Shaped Festival – Britpop’s Finest Return
Great news Britpop fans! Following last year’s sold out inaugural Star Shaped Festival, held at North London’s Garage venue and […]
- Festival: Live At Leeds, Frightened Rabbit, VANT, The Hunna & Rag ‘n’ Bone Man
Already boasting an incredible day and night of invigorating new music and classic live moments, Live At Leeds has further cemented […]
- Festival: Grace Jones Headlines Standon Calling
Already boasting an incredible array of entertainment across the festival weekend, Standon Calling is delighted to announce the incomparable Grace […]
- Festival: Bearded Theory with Seasick Steve, Skunk Anansie, Slaves & Madness
Bearded Theory Festival has announced three more stunning acts onto their already stellar line up for 2017. Platinum selling Scottish indie outfit GLASVEGAS join […]
- Festival: Y Not Festival Reveals Stereophonics, Two Door Cinema Club & The Vaccines.
Derbyshire’s finest festival Y Not (27-30 July) has announced the first wave of acts for this year’s festival and it already looks […]
- Festival: Standon Calling For Orbital, Clean Bandit, Laura Mvula & Slaves.
Bringing together a unique weekend of irresistible fun, extraordinary experiences and unrivalled entertainment, Standon Calling, 27 – 30 July 2017 in Hertfordshire, has over […]
- Boom Town Reveal The Specials, Cypress Hill, M.I.A for Chapter 9
Boomtown have just announced their first wave of acts for Chapter 9, showcasing the festival’s signature mix of expansive genres, […]
- Festival: Glastonbury 2017 – Times Like These
American rockers Foo Fighters have just gone and (finally) announced their upcoming headline slot for Glastonbury 2017! Originally billed to […]
- Festival: Love Supreme Jazz Festival 2017, The Jacksons, Gregory Porter, Herbie Hancock & George Benson.
Love Supreme Jazz Festival have a announced a wonderful line up including The Jacksons (50th anniversary show), Gregory Porter, Laura Mvula, […]
- Festival: Chagstock Festival Announce The Shires & Skinny Lister.
Chagstock Festival have announced that UK country superstars, The Shires will headline the main stage on Saturday night. Hailing from the […]