British rock guitarist Alvin Lee, a member of the band Ten Years After, has died aged 68. His family announced on his official website that he unexpectedly died on 6 March following complications during routine surgery. The Nottingham-born musician rose to fame after appearing at the Woodstock festival in 1969. The band, who had eight Top 40 albums in the UK, had their biggest hit in 1971 with I’d Love To Change the World. “We have lost a wonderful and much loved father and companion, the world has lost a truly great and gifted musician,” said the statement from his wife and daughters. Lee worked with The Beatles’ George Harrison, Steve Winwood, Ronnie Wood and Mick Fleetwood on his first solo album, On the Road to Freedom, in 1973. He released his 14th record, Still on the Road to Freedom, in August last year. He was due to play a concert at Olympia Hall in Paris on 7 April with blues guitarist Johnny Winter. From the BBC. Tweet Share +1 Pin Share...Read More
Tag: Alvin Lee
I NEED To KNOW
NO SECOND THOUGHTS
PlayLists On Soundcloud March 2017
A TRUE STAR
- Festival: Star Shaped Festival – Britpop’s Finest Return
Great news Britpop fans! Following last year’s sold out inaugural Star Shaped Festival, held at North London’s Garage venue and […]
- Festival: Live At Leeds, Frightened Rabbit, VANT, The Hunna & Rag ‘n’ Bone Man
Already boasting an incredible day and night of invigorating new music and classic live moments, Live At Leeds has further cemented […]
- Festival: Grace Jones Headlines Standon Calling
Already boasting an incredible array of entertainment across the festival weekend, Standon Calling is delighted to announce the incomparable Grace […]
- Festival: Bearded Theory with Seasick Steve, Skunk Anansie, Slaves & Madness
Bearded Theory Festival has announced three more stunning acts onto their already stellar line up for 2017. Platinum selling Scottish indie outfit GLASVEGAS join […]
- Festival: Y Not Festival Reveals Stereophonics, Two Door Cinema Club & The Vaccines.
Derbyshire’s finest festival Y Not (27-30 July) has announced the first wave of acts for this year’s festival and it already looks […]
- Festival: Standon Calling For Orbital, Clean Bandit, Laura Mvula & Slaves.
Bringing together a unique weekend of irresistible fun, extraordinary experiences and unrivalled entertainment, Standon Calling, 27 – 30 July 2017 in Hertfordshire, has over […]
- Boom Town Reveal The Specials, Cypress Hill, M.I.A for Chapter 9
Boomtown have just announced their first wave of acts for Chapter 9, showcasing the festival’s signature mix of expansive genres, […]
- Festival: Glastonbury 2017 – Times Like These
American rockers Foo Fighters have just gone and (finally) announced their upcoming headline slot for Glastonbury 2017! Originally billed to […]
- Festival: Love Supreme Jazz Festival 2017, The Jacksons, Gregory Porter, Herbie Hancock & George Benson.
Love Supreme Jazz Festival have a announced a wonderful line up including The Jacksons (50th anniversary show), Gregory Porter, Laura Mvula, […]
- Festival: Chagstock Festival Announce The Shires & Skinny Lister.
Chagstock Festival have announced that UK country superstars, The Shires will headline the main stage on Saturday night. Hailing from the […]